Please the whole family tonight with Beef Stroganoff Dinner. Your NESCO Roaster Oven makes this comfort meal easy. Pour over buttered egg noodles, or alternatively, rice or polenta. We like serving with fresh bread to soak up every last drop of rich, creamy sauce.
Your Key Ingredient:
6 lbs round steak, cut into 1″ cubes
4 large onions
1/4 cup butter
1 lb fresh whole mushrooms
6 cups beef stock (or 2 cups beef stock, 1 cup burgundy wine, and 2 cups tomato puree)
1 tsp rosemary, crushed
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon pepper
4 Tbsp cornstarch
2 cups sour cream
1 lb package egg noodles
- Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 450º F. Add butter and stir until melted. Add onions and meat. Cover and brown 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325º F. Add mushrooms and herbs, brown another 10 minutes. Add beef stock and/or optional liquids. Cook 1½ to 2 hours.
- At serving time, stir cornstarch into sour cream, then add stroganoff. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Prepare 1 lb package egg noodles according to package directions. Melt 1/2 cup butter. Drain and rinse noodles. Spoon into 8″ glass dish.
- Pour melted butter over noodles to coat. Stir. Cover with foil. Place in steam unit to hold while stroganoff is baking.