Your Key Ingredient:
- Roast or stew meat
- Beef Broth
Note: You do not need to use exact measurements for this recipe. 6 Quarts will need approximately 2 large onions, 6 stalks of celery, 1 carrot per jar, and 1-2 potatoes per jar.
- Place 1 tsp. of salt into each jar.
- Layer beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery in canning jars.
- Add beef broth and making sure to leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Put liner pot in unit with wire rack on the bottom feet down.
- Place filled jars in canner on wire rack.
- Add 8 cups hot or cold water depending on temperature of contents and jars.
- Plug in canner.
- Close and make sure lid is in the CLOSED position.
- Select High pressure canning for low acidic foods.
- Press Time + and enter 72 minutes (1 1/2 hours)
- Set pressure limiting valve to Exhaust (regulator will be in a raised position)
- Press Start to begin the process.
- Control Panel LED display lights will rotate clockwise and can continue for up to 30 minutes.
A. Steam will begin venting
B. Once proper internal temperature is reached unit will beep and display will read E10 and the countdown will begin.
C. When it reached E0 the canner will beep again.
Note: Unit may bypass the E10 countdown if proper temperature has been reached.
- Switch the Pressure Limiting Valve to Airtight. The canner will beep again and may continue to beep as it resumes it process to reach proper pressure.
- Process time will start to count down. Your canner will release stem even though the Pressure Limiting Valve is set to Airtight, this is Normal and No reason for alarm. Once the process is complete the canner will beep three times and then will read OFF.
- Unplug the canner and allow the temperature and pressure inside the canner to gradually decrease (60-90 minutes), do not manually release the pressure doing so will cause siphoning of the jars.
Note: If you see an ERR or EEE code displayed on your Control Panel LED Display at any time an error has occurred. IF this occurs, reprocess High acid ingredients, or treat as open and eat immediately. For Low acid foods, reprocess the ingredients or discard immediately.