Your Key Ingredient:
- 3 1/2 lbs. pickling cucumbers (about 15 small to medium)
- 2 1/2 cups vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 Bread & Butter Pickle Mix
- Onions (preference)
- Slice ends off cucumbers, then cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, and Bread & Butter Pickle Mix in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pack based on your preference of the options above.
- Leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Place liner pot in canner.
- Place canning rack in bottom of the liner pot.
- In water bath setting the jars must be completely covered with water that’s at least 2 inches above the top of the jars.
- Press WB/Steam button on the control panel.
- Press the TIME (+) to set time for 50 minutes.
- Make sure the Pressure Limiting Valve is set to Exhaust.
- Press Start button (DO NOT press Pressure Cook)
- Digital chase will begin to rotate, unit should begin to boil within 15-25 minutes. You will see a constant stream of steam coming from the Pressure Exhaust Valve when boil has been reached.
- Press Start again when the constant stream of steam is seen, the timer will automatically start.
CAUTION: DO NOT hit start a 3rd time. This will result in the unit shutting down completely.
When WB function is complete: Let unit rest for 20-30 minutes before turning the lid to the open position. Carefully remove jars from the Canner. The lids will pop as they seal and cool down. Cover the jars with a towel and do not touch for 24-48 hours.