Your Key Ingredient:
- 4 lbs. ground beef
- 3 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 cups ketchup (any brand)
- 2 cups tomato soup
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 1 tbs. salt, more less to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
Tabasco Sauce to taste
- Brown the ground beef and make sure to drain off any fat.
- Place the beef and remaining ingredients into a large pot. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fill jars with hot sloppy joe mix, leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Add 8 cups warm water and select “HIGH” setting.
- Press the “TIME” button to set the canning recipe required process time. Keep Following the Care and Use Guide instructions for safe Pressure Canning (High & Low).