Our creamy Chicken “Casserole” in Mushroom Sauce just might become your weeknight dinner go-to. This recipe combines meaty flavors and hearty noodles with a rich mushroom sauce your family won’t be able to resist. Instead of using a traditional oven, save time, and let your NESCO Pressure Cooker do the work for you.
Your Key Ingredient:
2½ cups chicken broth
1 cup onions, chopped
10 oz mushrooms, sliced
8 oz wide egg noodles or pasta
2 lbs chicken – boneless, skinned and cut into 1″ chunks
10 oz can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 tsp thyme
1 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp dill weed or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Combine broth, onions, and mushrooms in the removable cooking pot of NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Add noodles and place chicken pieces on top.
- Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin ‘clicks’ into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “Pressure” or “Seal” [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on Control Panel on “HIGH”. Set desired cooking time by pressing “HIGH” button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [5 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “STEAM” or “VENT” [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Remove lid, stir in soup, thyme, peas, salt and pepper. Gently break up any noodles or pasta that are sticking together or clinging to bottom of cooker.
- Replace lid as stated above. Set cooking time [2 minutes] by pressing “LOW” button. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “STEAM” or “VENT” [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release. Unplug and remove lid. Transfer ‘casserole’ to a large serving dish and garnish with dill or parsley, if desired. Serves 4. NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.