Take the guesswork out of cooking rice with the new rice feature on your NESCO Electric Pressure Cooker. For the perfect sticky rice, all you have to do is add equal parts white rice and water.
Your Key Ingredient:
1 cup of rice/1 cup of water or
2 cups of rice/2 cups of water or
3 cups of rice/3 cups of water
- Choose the amount of rice, add the same amount of water, lock the lid, press the RICE function, set regulator knob to SEAL, and then press start on your NESCO® Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Note: the RICE function automatically defaults to 12 minutes regardless of how much rice you are cooking. Once you press start the unit will heat and the pressure will build in the cooker.
- Once the optimal pressure is reached the timer will begin to count down as it cooks your rice on high pressure. The more rice you have in the unit the more time it will take to come under full pressure. If you prefer rice that is moister you can add more water and control your time by using the HIGH pressure cooking mode.
There are many different types of rice and desired textures. The quality of rice you choose can also adjust the cooking time. Use this chart as a guideline and experiment on high pressure to find the right amount of cooking you will need to prepare your favorite rice:
- 2 cups white rice with moister consistency: 4 cups water or broth for 10 minutes
- 2 cups yellow rice: 4 cups water or broth for 12 minutes
- 2 cups brown rice: 4 cups water or broth for 20 minutes
- 2 cups long-grain wild rice: 4 cups water or broth for 35 minutes