Blend your two Thanksgiving favorites together this holiday when you cook Turkey Breast with Cornbread Stuffing. This recipe combines sweet, crumbly cornbread and salty, tender turkey for the perfect center dish. Your NESCO 6 or 18 Qt. Roaster Oven cooks turkey evenly throughout. After trying this recipe for yourself, you’ll never want to make turkey any other way.
Your Key Ingredient:
3 cups crumbled cornbread
11 oz can mandarin oranges
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sage
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/2 cup chopped cranberries (optional)
To prepare stuffing, combine all ingredients above in large mixing bowl; stir until well mixed.
1 5 lb turkey breast, bone-in, skin-on
1 large lettuce leaf
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tsp browning sauce
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp paprika
- Remove cookwell; cover heatwell. Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 375ºF.
- Rinse turkey breast; pat dry. Place stuffing in bone cavity; cover with lettuce leaf. Place leaf down on rack.
- Combine butter, browning sauce, seasoning and paprika in small bowl; stir to blend. Brush on turkey breast. Set rack in cookwell. Set cookwell in preheated heatwell.
- Cover and roast 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until temperature reaches 170ºF on meat thermometer.
- Halfway through roasting time, baste turkey with remaining butter mixture and turkey juices; remove remaining juices from cookwell with baster. Serves 8.