Almost anyone you talk with will tell you they love the taste of bacon. Here are a few bacon flavor tips when cooking with your NESCO 12 Inch Electric Skillet:
- Next time you make fried or scrambled eggs, try substituting bacon fat in place of butter or oil.
- After you fry bacon in your NESCO Electric Skillet, use the drippings to make hot bacon dressing. It is generally served over spinach, but other greens can work just as well.
- Bacon drippings are great for cooking greens such as kale and Brussel sprouts.
- Next time you sauté shrimp or scallops, try using a bit of bacon fat for extra flavor.
- People often like to use bacon fat when making pancakes for a light smoky flavor. And the perfect side to those pancakes – crispy bacon of course.
- Bacon drippings also add a nice flavor to homemade skillet cornbread.
Try some of these bacon fat tips and let us know what you think. Also, let us know some of your favorite ways to cook with bacon drippings!