Harvest season is just around the corner
Despite the late start, gardens will soon be overflowing with fruits and vegetables of every variety. NESCO’s Deluxe Vacuum Sealer can help you freeze that harvest to not only prevent waste, but also help you and your family enjoy that bounty all winter long.
“The NESCO Vacuum Food Sealer keeps food fresh up to five times longer than traditional methods,” said Dan Kuenzi, senior VP of sales and marketing at NESCO. “The sealers, in combination with the Vacuum Sealer Bags, can ensure you have fresh-tasting fruits and vegetables long into the cold winter months.”
Done properly, any fruits, vegetables, meat, fish or bakery product can be effectively frozen for later use. Here are some tips to consider.
6 Tips for freezing with your NESCO Vacuum Food Sealer
- Blanching your vegetables stops enzyme actions which can cause vegetables to lose flavor, color and texture – it also cleanses the surface for impurities.
- Buy vacuum sealer bags. They are designed to ensure air and moisture-free food over a long period of time.
- Portion out your produce before you freeze – ensuring that what you freeze is what you and your family will eat.
- Labeling your sealed packages ensures you will remember what you’ve frozen long into the future.
- Double your recipes! Much of what you’re cooking daily can be frozen for another meal. Make the most of your time spent in the kitchen.
- Use a canister to avoid crushing soft food items like herbs or cereal.
In addition, Vacuum Canisters can be used to quickly marinate meats or keep refrigerated items fresher, longer. Bags can be used to seal cheeses and snack bags can be resealed to keep chips and crackers fresh and crispy for longer.
“The NESCO Vacuum Food Sealer seeks to make it as easy as possible for everyone to save time and money on the foods they are buying and harvesting,” said Kuenzi.“Using the sealer allows families to prepare larger meals and save the leftovers or buy in bulk to save money without the fear of food going bad or losing its flavor.”
NESCO: Your Key Ingredient
At NESCO, we believe life is an occasion worth celebrating. We’re dedicated to being Your Key Ingredient in those celebrations by making cooking enjoyable again with our complete line of innovative small kitchen appliances and accessories. NESCO began as the National Enameling and Stamping Company and created the first Roaster Oven in 1931. NESCO is currently headquartered in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
tags: best vacuum food sealer