Tuck into a savory bowl and meat and vegetables with our classic Beef Stew. Featuring tender beef and a savory broth, this recipe is perfect for those cold winter months. Your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven is the key to cooking this delicious meal perfectly. Just add prepared ingredients and roast until tender. If you prefer, substitute beef for lamb or pork.
Your Key Ingredient:
2 Tbsp margarine
1 ½ lb round steak*, cut into cubes
8 whole small onions
16 whole baby carrots
4 stalks celery, cut into chunks
8 whole small red potatoes, peeled
1 ¼ oz dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat NESCO® 6 Qt. Roaster Oven to 425ºF. Lightly wipe cookwell with cooking oil. Add margarine; cover; cook until melted.
- Arrange meat in preheated cookwell. Cover; roast 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300º F. Add vegetables.
- Sprinkle soup over; add broth and pepper.
- Cover; cook 1 to 1 ½ hours or until tender.
For slow cooking: Reduce temperature to 250º F. and cook 2½ to 3 hours or until tender. Serves 4.* Substitute lamb or pork for beef.