Your Key Ingredient:
- 2.5 lbs. jalapeños
- 2 cups cups cider vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Wash and drain jalapeños.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, and all the spices to a large pot
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeños and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to load jalapeños into jars.
- Fill jars with jalapeños, leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Once jalapeños are loaded into jars, turn the heat up under the syrup again and boil for 6 more minutes.
- Ladle additional syrup over top of jalapeños in jars. Make sure you have enough head space.
- Place liner pot in canner.
- Place canning rack in bottom of the liner pot.
- In water bath setting the jars must be completely covered with water that’s at least 2 inches above the top of the jars.
- Press WB/Steam button on the control panel.
- Press the TIME (+) to set time for 50 minutes.
- Make sure the Pressure Limiting Valve is set to Exhaust.
- Press Start button (DO NOT press Pressure Cook)
- Digital chase will begin to rotate, unit should begin to boil within 15-25 minutes. You will see a constant stream of steam coming from the Pressure Exhaust Valve when boil has been reached.
- Press Start again when the constant stream of steam is seen, the timer will automatically start.
CAUTION: DO NOT hit start a 3rd time. This will result in the unit shutting down completely.
When WB function is complete: Let unit rest for 20-30 minutes before turning the lid to the open position. Carefully remove jars from the Canner. The lids will pop as they seal and cool down. Cover the jars with a towel and do not touch for 24-48 hours.