Your Key Ingredient:
- Approx. 6 cups McCormick brown gravy mix or homemade brown gravy
- (2) 4.5 lb. ground beef packs (9 lbs. total)
- Burger seasoning
- 4 dozen slider size buns
- 1 stick of soft butter
- 1 onion, quartered, thin mandoline sliced pieces
- Optional: ketchup
Recipe makes 4 dozen, slider size burgers
Prepare gravy according to manufac. or family recipe and warm in NESCO slow cooker on high.
- Score and cut each beef pack into 24 individual sections and form into 2 inch round balls.
- Flatten balls into patties and place on grill or griddle at 325°, sprinkle seasoning on topside.
- Sear burger, then flip and sear other side. Allow patty to cook for an additional minute.
- Remove patties from griddle or grill and place into gravy flat. Stack burgers in layers.
- All burgers should be submerged in gravy, add additional gravy if needed.
- Cook burger patties in slow cooker on high for 2 hours, occasionally stirring the gravy gently, without disrupting the patties.
- After 2 hours on high, turn the slow cooker to low and cook for another hour.
- After cooking on low for an hour, turn the slow cooker to warm or off.
- Enjoy burgers now or cool and prepare the 8 qt. cook pot for refrigeration.
Tip for preparing the perfect holiday slider:
- Butter both sides of bun.
- Add your burger patty.
- Drop a little onion on the patty.
- Add a dab of ketchup and enjoy!