No summer fiesta is complete without Mexican Street Corn. Made with creamy sauce, sweet corn, and salty crumbles of Cotija cheese, there’s a reason why this side is a favorite at warm weather get-togethers. Your NESCO Roaster Oven is the key to achieving tender, buttery corn on the cob. Simply preheat, set, and wait 35-40 minutes until corn is soft. Garnished with fresh cilantro and red chili powder, Mexican Street Corn adds a beautiful pop of color and flavor to your table.
Your Key Ingredient:
¼ cup of mayonnaise
¼ cup of sour cream
1 medium clove of garlic finely minced
1 lime cut into wedges
½ cup of crumbled Cotija cheese
½ teaspoon of ancho or guajillo chili powder
¼ cup of chopped cilantro
4 ears of corn
- Preheat the NESCO® Roaster Oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, and lime juice and set aside.
- Place corn husks directly in the Roaster on the wire rack and cook until corn is soft, about 35-40 minutes.
- When corn is soft, remove, and peel down the husks and spread each ear with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Garnish the corn with chili powder, Cotija, and cilantro and serve immediately.