You won’t have any extra room on your plate after getting a taste of our all-star baby back ribs. Made with a simple blend of classic barbecue flavors, this recipe is what summertime is all about. Forget the grill – your NESCO Pressure Cooker tenderizes ribs to perfection in just under an hour. Watch the meat fall right off the bone.
Your Key Ingredient:
Rack of baby back ribs
2 teaspoons of salt
1 cup of water
¾ tablespoon of paprika
¾ tablespoon brown sugar
½ tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional, remove the membrane from the ribs – if you choose to remove the membrane from your ribs, take a butter knife to the backside of the rib. Work the knife between the membrane and the bone and grab with a paper towel and pull membrane off the ribs.
- In a small bowl stir in the salt, paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Season the ribs with the rub on both sides and cut the ribs into 4 pieces.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your NESCO® Pressure Cooker. Stack the ribs in bone side down. Lock your pressure cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes and then let the pressure come down naturally, about 15 more minutes.
- Put the ribs bone side down on a rimmed baking sheet. If you choose to, brush ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce. Put the ribs in the oven under the broiler on high. Broil for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and just starting to brown. Remove the ribs from the oven, brush with another layer of sauce, and serve.