Nod Sam is filled with lot of ingredients that are bright and bold-tasting. You can serve warm or at room temperature to a Thai-loving crowd.
Your Key Ingredient:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cilantro
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups cooked rice
Make the dressing first to allow the flavors time to blend. In a small bowl combine the lime juice, fish sauce, grated ginger, and chili garlic sauce. Stir to combine. The dressing should be very potent.
- Add the ground pork to our NESCO Electric Skillet along with 1/2 tbsp. canola oil and one minced clove of garlic. Cook the pork over medium heat. Drain off any excess fat and allow the pork to cool for a few minutes, or until it is no longer hot.
- While the pork is cooking, peel and shred the carrot using a large holed cheese grater. Slice the red onion into very thin strips. Pull the cilantro leaves from the stems.
- Transfer the cooled pork to a bowl, add the prepared dressing, and stir to combine. Add the shredded carrot, sliced red onion, cilantro, and peanuts. Stir to combine again.
- Serve the salad over a bed of cooked rice.