Looking for an easy Saint Patrick’s Day dinner recipe? We got you! Check out these delicious slow cooker stuffed cabbage roll recipe. These stuffed cabbage rolls are hearty and filling and always a hit!
Your Key Ingredient:
- 1 head green cabbage (1-2 lbs.)
- 2 slices of bacon (chopped) or bacon bits
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 onion)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Place the head of cabbage in the microwave for 14 minutes. Once the cabbage is cool enough to handle, peel off the leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, beaten egg, milk, onion, rice, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture onto a cabbage leaf. Roll up the cabbage burrito-style and put it into the slow cooker seam side down. Repeat with the remaining leaves and meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls. Add bacon on top. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, until the meat is cooked through. The filling should reach 160 degrees F.