Looking for an afternoon snack that’s both healthy and satisfying? Our Peanut Butter and Banana Graham Crackers are the perfect protein-packed combo. This cookie-like snack tastes similar to Larabars. Simply form chilled dough into slices and let dry using your NESCO Dehydrator. For an extra hint of sweetness, use overripe bananas.
Your Key Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas, sliced
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanuts, ground
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and blend in peanut butter.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, ground peanuts, and cinnamon. Mix until well blended.
- Place dough on a large sheet of waxed paper and shape into a long rectangle.
- Place a top layer of waxed paper on dough and chill 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- With a spatula or butter knife, slice dough into desired slices. Place on NESCO® Fruit Roll Sheets positioned on NESCO® Dehydrator trays. Dry at 145° F for 6 to 8 hours or until firm. These are soft like cookies.