Looking for an afternoon snack that’s both healthy and satisfying? Our Peanut Butter and Banana Graham Crackers are the perfect protein-packed combo. Simply form chilled dough into slices and let dry using your NESCO Dehydrator. This cookie-like cracker just might become your favorite treat. For an extra hint of sweetness, use overripe bananas.
Your Key Ingredient:
3 ripe bananas, sliced
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanuts, ground
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and blend in peanut butter.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, peanuts, and cinnamon. Mix until well blended.
- Form dough into a ball. Place on a large sheet of waxed paper and shape into a long rectangle.
- Wrap waxed paper tightly around dough and chill 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- With a serrated knife, slice dough into 1/4″ slices. Place on NESCO® Fruit Roll Sheets positioned on NESCO® Dehydrator trays. Dry at 145° F for 4 to 6 hours or until firm. These are soft like cookies. Makes approximately 50 crackers