Our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is guaranteed to get everyone around the table for dinner tonight. Save time with your NESCO Slow Cooker by making this classic meal ahead of time. We rely on a blend of savory seasonings and tangy barbecue to achieve that perfect summertime flavor. Serve on a toasted bun with a side of chips or coleslaw.
Bone-in Boston butt (6-8lbs)
2 cups brown sugar
½ cups salt
1/4 cup dark chili powder
2 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
½ – 1 Tbsp of blended pepper powered for desired heat
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- Score the fat cap of the pork.
- Apply a liberal amount of dry rub to the pork butt and rub in.
- Cover the pork butt and let the dry rub set for a couple of hours to overnight.
- Place the pork butt into the NESCO® Slow Cooker add 1 cup of water.
- Cover and set high for 5-6 hours or low for 10-12 hours.
- Shred pork with two forks and mix in the juices.