We have yet to find someone who isn’t a fan of our Italian Beef Sliders. Piled high with tender roast, melty cheese, and crunchy pepperoncini, people usually fill their plates with more than just one of these delicious mini sandwiches. Your NESCO 6 Qt. Slow Cooker makes this recipe easy: simply add ingredients, choose your heat settings, and set it until you’re ready to assemble and enjoy.
Your Key Ingredient:
4 lb boneless beef chuck pot roast
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1, 15 oz can tomato sauce
2 green bell peppers, sliced
2 yellow onions, sliced
1, 12 oz jar sliced pepperoncini
10 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- Spray the crock of a NESCO® 6 Qt. Slow Cooker with cooking spray.
- Drain the pepperoncini, reserving three tablespoons of the liquid.
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in small bowl.
- Trim the fat from the roast and season each side with roughly one-third of the seasonings and place in Slow Cooker.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the roast.
- Top with the green bell peppers, onions, and pepperoncini.
- Sprinkle the remaining third of the seasonings on top as well as the reserved pepperoncini liquid.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the meat and serve on toasted sandwich rolls.