Get the vanilla ice cream ready. Stuffed with caramelized peaches tucked in a light, spongy crust, our Slow Cooked Peach Cobbler is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This classic recipe is easy and simple in your NESCO Slow Cooker. Skip the oven and use your Slow Cooker to achieve an irresistible balance of sweet and tart in every spoonful. Farmer’s market peaches work perfectly.
Your Key Ingredient:
3 lbs fresh or frozen peaches, sliced
3/4 cup Apple Butter
4 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- Place the peaches, apple butter, vanilla, sugar, and salt in NESCO® Slow Cooker. Stir to coat, then spread evenly.
- For the crust: In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the milk. Then mix in the melted butter on a low setting until smooth. Pour the batter over the peaches making sure it coats the entire surface.
- Place a long piece of paper towel on the Slow Cooker and cover with the lid to absorb condensation and allow crust to crisp. Pull the paper towel tight so it doesn’t sag. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Once the middle of the top has puffed up and is golden around the edges, the cobbler is ready. Check the center with a toothpick to be sure it’s cooked through.
- Spoon the cobbler into bowls and top with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.