Fact: the only thing tastier than fresh berries off the vine are fresh berries tucked inside a warm, fruit pie. Our delectable 7″ Fruit Pie recipe is no exception. Juicy, flakey, and overflowing with sweetness, just one slice probably won’t be enough. The Key Ingredient to this recipe is your NESCO Roaster Oven. Simply mix ingredients, set, and enjoy the perfect pie in one hour.
Your Key Ingredient:
1 double-crust pastry recipe
2 cups fresh fruit or berries
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 425º F.
- Prepare crust recipe. Roll out 1/2 of pastry dough and line bottom and sides of plate.
- Mix fruit, sugar, flour, spices and lemon juice. Pour mixture into crust-lined plate and dot top with butter.
- Roll out remaining crust, cover top of pie. Seal edges. Slash top to allow steam to escape.
- Wrap edge with foil*, place in roaster, and bake 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove foil for last 1/2 of baking period. Serves 6.
*Cut strip of foil about 37″ long and 2″ wide. Wrap band of foil around outside edge of pie crust. Crimp overlapping ends. Fold over edge of pie to prevent over-browning.