Our Fresh Turkey recipe and your NESCO 18 Qt. Roaster Oven is all you need for your best holiday dinner yet. Rich, juicy, and perfectly tender, this seasonal recipe will go quickly at the buffet table. Let your turkey be the star of the menu and get ready to please the entire family.
Your Key Ingredient:
11-13 lb whole fresh turkey
2 Tbsp margarine, melted
1 tsp browning sauce
- Preheat NESCO® 18 Qt. Roaster Oven to 400ºF. Place turkey on rack.
- Combine margarine and browning sauce; brush evenly over turkey.
- Lightly wipe cookwell with cooking oil. Set rack in preheated cookwell.
- Place bird on rack. Cover; roast 30 minutes.
- Baste, then remove liquid from cavity of bird and from cookwell. Reduce temperature to 350ºF. Cover; roast 1 hour.
- Baste, then remove liquids. Increase temperature to 400ºF and roast 30 to 40 minutes (180ºF on meat thermometer). Turkey may be held at 200ºF until ready to serve.