Who doesn’t love the sweet, savory, tangy taste of a Bloody Mary? Now you can get that same great flavor all day, in your jerky!
Your Key Ingredients:
2 lbs of lean beef or venison
1 cup thick Bloody Mary mix, we like Major Peters’
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp horseradish
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tbsp celery salt
½ tsp Cajun seasoning
¼ tsp cayenne
- Slice meat to 1/2-1/4″ thick with slicer for uniform pieces.
- Place meat, Bloody Mary mix, Worcestershire, horseradish, salt and pepper in a large vacuum seal bag or zip top bag. Vacuum seal the bag on the marinate setting and seal the top, and the move everything around inside the bag to make sure it’s coated. Refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Combine dried tomato powder, celery salt, cayenne and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl.
- Remove strips from bag, patting excess liquid off with a paper towel, and sprinkle each side of the meat with the dry spice mix.
- Place strips on dehydrator trays and dry at 160 degrees for 7-10 hours.
- Enjoy on its own or in your Bloody Mary