Your Key Ingredient:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 6 cups cubed and dried white bread
- 6 cups cubed an dried brown bread
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme, sage, or rosemary
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat butter over medium heat until melted. Stir in the poultry seasoning, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add chopped celery and diced onions and cook until softened. Cool Completely.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add celery and onion mixture, parsley and herbs if using.
- Add chicken broth a little at a time just to moisten. Gently stir. Stir in eggs.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight if making ahead of time.
- Place stuffing in your slow cooker and turn onto high for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to low and cook an additional 3-4 hours or until cooked through.