Nothing beats sous-vide cooking your vegetables, especially this delicious glazed carrots recipe. When cooked in a vacuum sealed bag with a little bit of butter, sugar and salt, the natural flavor of the carrot is intensified. It becomes much sweeter, stronger, and downright tastier.
Your Key Ingredient:
- 1 pound whole medium carrots
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt & pepper
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley (optional)
Add water to your container or large pot.
- Set the Sous Vide Cooker to the vegetable setting. (185 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place carrots, butter, sugar, and 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper in a vacuum sealed bag.
- Cook carrots in the water bath until fully tender, about 1 hour.
- Carrots can be stored i the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
When ready to eat:
- Empty entire contents of bag into our NESCO 12 inch electric skillet and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until liquid has reduced to a shiny glaze.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in parsley, and serve.