Your Key Ingredient:
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and unsalted
- 6 oz. beer
- 6 oz. milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
In your slow cooker add the cubed cream cheese.
- Add melted butter, garlic, milk, beer and half of the bacon crumbles. (keep the remaining bacon for garnish)
- Add 1 cup of the sharp shredded cheddar cheese on top. Do not stir.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, stir until the cubed cream cheese and sharp shredded cheese have melted. Stir in the remaining shredded cheese.
- Reduce heat and cook on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the top of the dip with cooked crumbled bacon and sliced green onions for garnish.
- Serve with pretzels, soft pretzels, tortilla chips, or baguettes.